Dad's stamp collection

Dad's Stamps Collection When I was a kid in the 80s it was cool to collect bubble gum inserts with Disney characters. I had quite a collection but it's all gone now. But my dad collected stamps. And it's so great that all his collection wasn't lost and my mom brought it here from our home in Kiev recently. Dad's Stamps Collection Dad's Stamps Collection Dad's Stamps Collection Dad's Stamps Collection Dad's Stamps Collection Dad's Stamps Collection Dad's Stamps Collection These were collected when he was a kid growing up in the 60s in USSR. I realize this might be a dorky post but looking at those brings me back to my childhood when I used to flip through these pages, stare at the beautiful illustrations and imagining visiting all those countries one day. Most of those stamps are from the so-called "soviet block" since it was a time of the cold war. My favourites are the ones from Poland. Did you collect anything when you were growing up?

Comments

  1. Stamps, pretty paper bookmarks, shiny candy wrappers - you name it! Nowadays I only collect globes. :-)

    I did this with my old stamps: http://tinajoathome.blogspot.se/2012/05/stamp-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god! a lot of from Poland
    im from Poland, form Wrocław
    nice to see u :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my childhood in former Czechoslovakia, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing. i collected stamps for a minute when i was a kid- along with treasure trolls, barbies, cat figurines and books. i still collect books and nailpolishes, ha!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are so beautiful. great great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yoko Takahashi

It's 2020 and I'm going back to blogging