A birthday party, for Sofia

Sofia's 1st Birthday Party On Sunday Sofia had her first party! I really did everything at the last moment. Special thanks to my mom who helped so much and made it all possible. Here are some details.

It was supposed to rain that day but we decided to risk it and had the table set up outdoors. Luckily rain never came! Sofia also had a very short nap that day and I was afraid she will have a meltdown but she was great and looked like she had a good time. Our guests were late so I had a bit of time to take some pictures. Sofia's 1st Birthday Party Sofia's 1st Birthday Party I made a necklace to match Sofia's dress. I will give it to her when she's older. Sofia's 1st Birthday Party I only managed to make 3 meters of bunting. I decorated the rest with garlands from the dollar store. Sofia's 1st Birthday Party Sofia's 1st Birthday Party We made roasted eggplant with tomato, basil and feta, cheese and grapes were kids' favourite. Sofia's 1st Birthday Party My mom made stuffed eggs, my childhood birthday party staple. We also had crackers with salmon and completely forgot to make a salad! Sofia's 1st Birthday Party I made two kinds of cupcakes: lemon poppy seed for adults and carrot-apple with raisins for kids. Sofia's 1st Birthday Party Mom baked three kids of traditional pirozhki: with cabbage, mushrooms and apples. She also made buns with cottage cheese and with cinnamon. Sofia's 1st Birthday Party Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary Sofia had fun with bubbles! Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary And wanted to run around everywhere Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary Sofia's 1st Birthday Sofia's 1st Birthday Sofia's 1st Birthday Sofia's 1st Birthday Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary Sofia's 1st Birthday This is the only picture with the birthday cupcake and candle, if you can find it at all. lol Sofia's 1st Birthday Pary Now I am looking forward to a party next year, when she turns two!

Comments

  1. What a sweet day for Sofia! I love all the little touches - I'm sure she will appreciate them when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, congratulations to you both on this day! Sofia looks amazing, and everything is so sweet and full of love on these pics! I wish all the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet princess! Wonderful day and beautifully organized party. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yoko Takahashi

It's 2020 and I'm going back to blogging